Commodore Sloat Elementary School will host celebration with children and local leaders April 21
• Supervisor Norman Yee
• Sandra Lee Fewer, Commissioner, San Francisco Unified School District Board of Education
• Hydra Mendoza-McDonnell, Commissioner, San Francisco Unified School District Board of Education (invited)
• Ed Reiskin, SF Municipal Transportation Agency Director
• Noah Budnick, Executive Director of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
• Chuck Collins, President and CEO of the San Francisco YMCA
• School Principal Greg John, School Principal, Commodore Sloat Elementary School
WHAT: A big announcement regarding the San Francisco Unified School District’s commitment to street safety near schools will be shared at an assembly celebrating San Francisco’s Bike & Roll to School Week.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 from 8:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
VISUALS: Groups of kids arriving in “bike trains” and “walking school buses” at the lower playground at the school from 8:15 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. All-school assembly will be held in the upper schoolyard at 8:35 a.m.
WHERE: Schoolyard at Commodore Sloat Elementary School at 50 Darien Way and San Fernando.
ABOUT BIKE & ROLL TO SCHOOL WEEK: From April 20-24, 2015, San Francisco will be home to the largest bike to school event in the country. More than 4,000 students, parents and school staff at nearly 90 schools from preschool to high school will join the fun. Schools will participate in the event on various days throughout the week, encouraging and celebrating kids getting to school by bicycle, scooter, skateboard or bus. Bike & Roll to School Week is sponsored by the SF Safe Routes to School Partnership and coordinated by the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. Learn more including a list of all participating schools with events throughout the week at at sfsaferoutestoschool.org.
Safe Routes to School is expanding! Safe Routes to School will expand in 2015-16 to serve 10 new elementary schools. If you are interested your school being a program host school, email@example.com.